There has been plenty of Liverpool news to catch up on as the Reds prepare to face Toulouse in the Europa League.
Van Dijk brings back pre-match ritual
Since being promoted to captain, Virgil Van Dijk has made a couple of introductions, including the return of a pre-match huddle just before kick-off.
In quotes from the Liverpool Echo, the skipper said it “sets the tone” for the game.
“It was something that we did when I was a Celtic player, and I always liked it because I thought it set the tone for the game and it also gave the crowd a signal that we were ready to go,” Van Dijk added.
We know Jurgen Klopp likes to take every marginal gain possible, so if the huddle helps even one of the players, the Reds should keep doing it!
3 things today
- Liverpool have contacted fans with tickets in the upper Anfield Road stand that their tickets have been cancelled until 2024 – that’s six league games at the very least
- Chris Kavanagh has been appointed referee for Liverpool vs. Nott’m Forest on Sunday – he is in the news after Arsenal were controversially denied a penalty vs. Chelsea
- Suso has admitted he “might not do the same” if he were offered the chance to leave Liverpool again – he’s gone on to play for AC Milan, Genoa and Sevilla since leaving in 2015
Latest Liverpool FC news
- James McConnell was singled out for praise by U21 boss Barry Lewtas after scoring vs. Benfica in the PL International Cup – he was also on the bench vs. Everton at Anfield
- Alisson has spoken about some of the key elements of his goalkeeping style – coming from him, definitely something to take note of!
Latest chat from elsewhere
- On December 21, the European Court of Justice will give its final verdict on the validity of the European Super League (BBC Sport)
- The legal team of Sandro Tonali are in discussions with Italian authorities over a 10-month ban – he recently admitted to placing bets on matches in which he played (Sky Sports)
- Former Red Nigel Spackman has said Graeme Souness spent “10 days interviewing several high calibre candidates” to be the new Rangers manager – there are now calls for Souness to get more control at Rangers (Daily Mirror)
Video of the day and match of the night
Can Liverpool mount a Premier League title challenge with their upcoming fixtures?
Paul Cope and Gareth Roberts discussed this and much, much more on This Is Anfield’s Live at 5 show.
Both are on TNT Sports and kick off at 8pm (BST).