Home News Aussies slam boxing promoters and Fox Sports for giving disgraced footy star...

Aussies slam boxing promoters and Fox Sports for giving disgraced footy star Curtis Scott a chance to resurrect his sporting career after he assaulted his glamorous athlete ex

9
0

  • Ex-NRL bad boy Curtis Scott made boxing debut on Wednesday 
  • Knocked out former teammate Joey Leilua in the second round 
  • Litany of off-field dramas prematurely ended Scott’s footy career

Boxing promoters No Limit have been slammed by Aussie fans after offering fallen NRL star and Curtis Scott the chance to revive his sporting career in the ring after he was convicted of assaulting his ex-girlfriend.

On debut, Scott, 26, knocked out former Canberra Raiders teammate Joey Leilua in the second round of their bout on Wednesday night in Wollongong – and then called out ex-AFL enforcer Barry Hall.

The bout left many fans asking why Scott was handed an opportunity in a different sport given his conviction in 2022 for domestic violence against former partner Tay-Leiha Clark.

Boxing promoters No Limit have been slammed by Aussie fans after offering fallen NRL star Curtis Scott (pictured) the chance to revive his sporting career in the ring

Boxing promoters No Limit have been slammed by Aussie fans after offering fallen NRL star Curtis Scott (pictured) the chance to revive his sporting career in the ring

On debut, Scott (pictured left) knocked out former Canberra Raiders teammate Joey Leilua in the second round of their bout on Wednesday night in Wollongong

On debut, Scott (pictured left) knocked out former Canberra Raiders teammate Joey Leilua in the second round of their bout on Wednesday night in Wollongong

In 2022, Scott was convicted in a Sydney court after assaulting and threatening to kill his ex-girlfriend, star long jumper Tay-Leiha Clark (pictured)

In 2022, Scott was convicted in a Sydney court after assaulting and threatening to kill his ex-girlfriend, star long jumper Tay-Leiha Clark (pictured)

One boxing fan was shocked to see Scott given a second chance ahead of his debut in the ring

One boxing fan was shocked to see Scott given a second chance ahead of his debut in the ring

Another felt the broadcast of the fight on pay per view TV was 'promoting a known stalker and abuser' in Curtis Scott

Another felt the broadcast of the fight on pay per view TV was ‘promoting a known stalker and abuser’ in Curtis Scott

Both these sports fans were stunned to see Scott being promoted ahead of the bout

Both these sports fans were stunned to see Scott being promoted ahead of the bout

A spokesperson from No Limit Boxing told Daily Mail Australia on Thursday morning that they have no affiliation with Scott, insisting that he was merely a fighter on the undercard.

Fox Sports declined to comment when contacted by Daily Mail Australia. 

The media representative also added that the organisation had ‘no interest in being part of a Curtis Scott redemption story’.

Several commenters lashed out on the social media platform X when they saw the fight and the promotion that went along with it.

‘He was exiled due to committing domestic violence on his partner. But hey, let’s keep promoting him,’ one fan wrote.

‘Congrats on promoting a woman beater,’ said another bemused supporter.

A third weighed in with: ‘Is Fox NRL really trying to push the career of a domestic abuser?? 

Daily Mail Australia also reached out to Ms Clark for comment in relation to Scott’s latest sporting pursuit. 

In December last year, retired footy player Trent Merrin attempted to defend Scott on social media – and Clark didn’t mince her words when it came to replying.

‘After four years, never once has there been any personal accountability taken. This is not an opportunity for redemption, it’s ignorance,’ she posted in response.

‘It might be beneficial for Trent to consider this before publicly advocating for a man who has never even shown remorse towards his victim.’

Scott won a NRL premiership with Melbourne Storm in 2017 and was viewed as a potential State of Origin player for NSW, but his career was ruined by a string of off-field dramas.

Last month, Ms Clark called out Fox League for ‘endorsing’ Scott, who she labelled a ‘dangerous man’.

Clark (pictured) has previously lashed out at ex-NRL star Trent Merrin and Fox League for 'endorsing' and 'advocating for' Scott

Clark (pictured) has previously lashed out at ex-NRL star Trent Merrin and Fox League for ‘endorsing’ and ‘advocating for’ Scott 

In 2022, the Cronulla Sharks junior was sentenced to a 12-month community corrections order after being found guilty of three charges against his ex-girlfriend, athlete Tay-Leiha Clark: assault occasioning actual bodily harm, common assault and stalk or intimidate with the intention of causing fear or physical harm.

He was sacked by the Canberra Raiders before the assault charge – for a separate incident surrounding a nightclub altercation – although he was later cleared of any charges.

Scott is also in a legal battle with NSW Police over what he claims was an ‘unlawful’ arrest in Sydney in January of 2020.