Home News Chantelle Cameron blames Katie Taylor for the pair's trilogy fight not being...

Chantelle Cameron blames Katie Taylor for the pair's trilogy fight not being made… as she claims she 'agreed a massive purse reduction' and wanted to 'create her own legacy'

12
0

  • The pair had been set to clash for a third time following second fight last year
  • Each woman has one win but a third bout is some way away from being made
  • Taylor could instead face Amanda Serrano for a second time in the near future 

Chantelle Cameron has blamed Katie Taylor for the pair’s trilogy fight still not being made.

Taylor got her own back against Cameron in Ireland late last year after suffering the first defeat of her professional career six months prior.

The pair put on a stunning spectacle as Taylor came out the winner via majority decision in November, the same method of victory that Cameron had claimed in May.

Both called for the trilogy after the bout, but little progress has been made regarding agreeing a fight and it seems negotiations are now further away than ever and there is little chance of the pair going head-to-head any time soon.

Cameron took to Instagram to place the blame on Taylor, insisting that the 37-year-old knows she was fortunate in the second fight.

Katie Taylor (pictured) is to blame for the trilogy bout with Chantelle Cameron not being made, Cameron has claimed

Katie Taylor (pictured) is to blame for the trilogy bout with Chantelle Cameron not being made, Cameron has claimed

The pair faced off in an enthralling bout in November, with Taylor coming out on top

The pair faced off in an enthralling bout in November, with Taylor coming out on top

Cameron took to Instagram to claim she agreed to take a pay cut for the fight to be made

Cameron took to Instagram to claim she agreed to take a pay cut for the fight to be made

‘Just an update on talks with the Katie fight,’ Cameron began in a post on Instagram, accompanying a photo of the pair’s first match-up. ‘I have agreed to a massive purse reduction to make this fight happen financially as this was what I was told was the hold up from the fight being agreed.

‘The reason was because I wanted to create my own legacy. Now it looks like Katie will take a “keep busy” fight and avoid me as I think she knows that certain things that went her way in the last fight won’t happen again.

‘Sorry to the actual boxing fans who wanted to see this fight but the trilogy not happening is down to Katie and her team and not me.’

Taylor doesn’t have a fight scheduled currently but the third bout with Cameron seemed obvious to make on the back of the Irish star somewhat saving her boxing career with victory last year.

She has been called out by former opponent Amanda Serrano, who Taylor defeated in 2022 by split decision, despite her fight against Nina Mienke being cancelled.

She said that Taylor is set to take a 'keep busy' fight because 'she knows that certain things that went her way won't again'

She said that Taylor is set to take a ‘keep busy’ fight because ‘she knows that certain things that went her way won’t again’

Taylor could instead be set to face Amanda Serrano after her former opponent called her out

Taylor could instead be set to face Amanda Serrano after her former opponent called her out

Discussing a possible rematch before she was due to face Mienke, Serrano exclusively told Mail Sport: ‘I 100 per cent want the rematch. I have Nina come Saturday night but then I am going to have my team reach out to her team.

‘We definitely want that fight and I think it’s a fight everyone wants to see. I think the rematch would be even better than the first fight. She’s definitely on my radar. I think I have the power and the knowledge now to go out there and maybe stop her this time.’