Just another day in the crazy world that is Liverpool Football Club! If you’ve been busy, here’s a bite-size look at everything you might have missed.
Caicedo saga rumbles on
Friday was filled with conflicting reports over the future of Moises Caicedo, with Liverpool agreeing a sensational deal to sign the Ecuadorian in the early hours of the morning.
Chelsea have pursued Caicedo throughout the summer but appeared to have been gazumped by Liverpool after the Seagulls set a midnight deadline to resolve the player’s departure.
We can’t keep up either!
3 things today: More Caicedo and Klopp “wrong” about transfers
- Brighton boss Roberto De Zerbi is already resigned to losing Caicedo, saying “you can’t buy our soul” when asked about the midfielder’s imminent departure. Shots fired!
- One last Caicedo note is that Chelsea appear to have pulled the plug on their pursuit of Tyler Adams, which could free up funds to outbid Liverpool for the Brighton midfielder
- Jurgen Klopp has admitted he was “wrong” with his claims about £100 million transfers back in 2016, remember that?
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Romeo Lavia is said to be “training well” amid the uncertainty surrounding his future, as quoted by the Daily Echo
- Klopp has insisted that a “good solution” to Premier League time-wasting must be found amid concerns for player welfare with upcoming rule changes
Latest chat from elsewhere
- Apparently other things have been happening today, with Harry Kane flying to Germany to complete his move to Bayern Munich (Sky Sports)
- David Raya is set for a move to Arsenal after Thomas Frank admitted he is resigned to losing his goalkeeper on loan (BBC)
- Mauricio Pochettino has revealed Chelsea are seeking a replacement for Christopher Nkunku following his knee injury (Express)
Video of the day and match of the night
As kit launches go, this was a pretty good one!
Sky Sports Main Event is the place to be from 8pm (BST) to see how quickly Man City can open the scoring, because that’s how these things tend to go!