Jake Paul and Nate Diaz’s press conference descends into a massive brawl
- Jake Paul and Nate Diaz face off in the ring on Saturday, August 5 in Dallas, Texas
- Members of their security staff threw punches during the press conference
- DailyMail.com provides all the latest international sports news
The tension building up to the bout between Jake Paul and Nate Diaz is palpable but the action clearly couldn’t wait for Saturday night as the two sides exchanged blows at the pre-fight press conference Thursday.
The presser descended into chaos as Paul and Diaz faced off in Dallas with a huge brawl breaking out between the staff of the two rivals.
It is unclear what triggered the scuffle but Diaz appeared to exchange words with Paul’s manager Nakisa Bidarian on the stage at the American Airlines Center.
The YouTube-star-turned-boxer’s security intervened, huddling around the pair, before one member of staff shoved another sparking an all-out brawl.
Punches were thrown but both boxers managed to steer clear with Paul even turning his back to the melee and shouting something to the crowd.
Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz press conference descended into a brawl on Thursday afternoon
The scrap was swiftly dealt with as the feuding sides were separated. However, while it is unclear who threw the first punch, Paul later took to Twitter to claim Diaz’s team is threatening legal action.
‘Nate’s team has emailed my team trying to claim assault after his team swung first,’ he posted following the press conference.
‘Apparently the guy who swung first is at the hospital getting stitches. Hilarious these fake gangsters acting like this!’
Paul also claimed following the ruckus that his mind games with Diaz have succeeded.
‘Man, I’m deep in his head,’ he said during the DAZN weigh-in show after Diaz’s appearance.
‘I’m having a picnic in his head, and man, I hurt his feelings. In his head, he basically got all pissed off. The security teams started fighting. His security swung first, my security hit him with a check hook, and that was that. … This is what I do. I love to get in people’s head, get them all riled up.’
Earlier in the week, Diaz bizarrely walked out on his face-to-face interview with Paul.
Diaz has been criticized for his lack of promotion for the fight and this continued as Ariel Helwani hosted a sit-down interview between the pair after years of them exchanging insults via social media.
The YouTuber-turned-boxer took to Twitter to claim Diaz’s team is threatening legal action
Earlier in the week, Diaz bizarrely walked out on his face-to-face interview with Paul
A video clip from their interview shows Paul praising his opponent on Saturday, who appeared to be restless throughout.
Paul said: ‘He’s a warrior. He’s been putting on some of the greatest fights in the history of the MMA.’
Diaz then appears to raise his hand and look off camera as Paul compliments him for having ‘an amazing fanbase’.
Paul then states that Diaz is ‘ready for a f***ing war’ and neither man wants to ‘lose and back down’ – while his August 5 opponent turns around to look behind him.
As the YouTuber-turned-boxer continues to speak, Diaz gets himself ready to stand up, before hesitates, then finally gets to his feet and starts to walk off.
The camera pans to Paul who starts to laugh with his head in his hands, before Diaz is heard telling someone: ‘Yeah I’ll be right back.’
That wasn’t to be the case however, as the footage then shows Diaz walking out of the venue where the interview was taking place and getting into a car which drives away.